Friday, August 7, 2009

Real Life Interaction

*Note: At my location, we no longer serve pork sausage, although the take-out menus do not reflect this. Our computer systems at work replace it with beef. Also, we were having a special price on the (all-meat specialties) and the (supreme specialties).

Place: (a national pizza chain)


Lady: Do you have pork sausage?

Me: No, we don't. May I suggest beef?*

Lady: But do you have ham? That's pork too, right?

Me: Yes. Do you have an allergy or a religious prohibition against pork?

Lady: I'm allergic to pork. Can I have a (all-meat specialty) but leave off the ham?

Me: Ma'am, the (all-meat specialty) comes with pepperoni and Italian sausage, which both have pork in them. If you're allergic, it would be a bad idea to order a pizza with those ingredients! Might I suggest a (supreme specialty) and maybe substituting a couple of the ingredients?

Lady: But it's really just ham that's bad for me.

Me: Ma'am, if you're allergic to pork, you shouldn't have it at all.

Lady: Can I take this menu? I'm gonna go in the car with my husband and decide what I want, okay? Leaves.

Me: Okay. See you later.

She never returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment